Scholarships, prizes and travel funding
In addition to living stipends and fee remission scholarships, the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences offers several funding schemes and prizes to graduate research students.
For confirmed graduate researchers, the Faculty provides support for students to present their research at a conference through the 'Student Travel Award Scheme' (STAS). This scheme provides up to $1,500 for PhD students and $750 for master by research students. Students should contact the Research Office (email@example.com) to obtain an application form. Applications may be submitted at any time.
Additionally, each year in early February there is a call for applications for the Faculty's graduate research student prizes. These are competitive awards, assessed on the basis of academic excellence demonstrated during candidature. Prize availability may change from year to year, but may include:
- Sunshine Foundation Scholarship (Veterinary Science)
- Sir Ian Clunies-Ross Prize (Veterinary Parasitology)
- Dr Sue Newton Travelling Scholarship (Veterinary Science)
- Mary Sloane Travelling Scholarship (Agricultural Science)
- Anna M White Prize (Research in disease in sheep)
- Dairy Farmers of Victoria Post-Graduate Scholarship in Veterinary Science (Veterinary Science relating to dairy cattle)
- V.W. Officer Prize (Veterinary Science)
- John Nevill Research Scholarship (Veterinary Science)
- Leslie H. Brunning Research Fund (Agricultural Science relating to pasture and other fodder plants)
- The Elizabeth Ann Crespin Scholarship (Agricultural Science)
- The Dr Frank Cope Scholarship (Agronomy)
- JM Barrenger Overseas Veterinary Scholarship (Veterinary Science)