Industry internships provide hands-on experience in the area that you are interested in. Many students find that industry internships lead to other opportunities for work or study and can help you decide which career path you would like to follow.
The information on this page is for students wishing to enrol in the following subjects:
Here's the process to follow:
- Follow the Industry Internships Guidelines to find and contact a suitable host organisation.
- Submit your placement in the University's Extramurals II system (EMS).
- Once approved, enrol in the appropriate subject code via MyUnimelb: https://my.unimelb.edu.au (if you are undertaking VETS30028 you may already be enrolled).
- DURING THE INTERNSHIP
- Be on time, dress appropriately and behave professionally.
- Ask questions of your colleagues so that you can learn, but also so that you know what is expected of you.
- Know what formal assessment is required of you so that you can complete any on-site tasks and collect any necessary information during the internship.
- At the end of your internship remember to thank your host in person. You may wish to ask them at this point if it is ok for you to contact them to act as a referee at a later date.
- Provide any necessary feedback to the Student Enrichment Officer.
- Ensure that all academic assessments are completed by the set deadlines – the timeframe for this will depend on when you undertake your internship.