FVAS Graduate Mentoring Program
The Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences (FVAS) graduate mentoring program aims connect Masters of Agribusiness, Agricultural Sciences, Food Science and Food Packaging and Innovation students with experienced mentors from a range of industries.
The primary objectives of the FVAS graduate mentoring program are to provide:
- students with the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of the Australian agricultural sector through connecting with industry experts
- professionals with the opportunity to mentor skilled and enthusiastic graduate students by fostering the development of their industry knowledge
Throughout the program FVAS will:
- support mentees and mentors and be available to discuss any questions or concerns that arise from either party
- organise events for mentees and/or mentors as required
- seek feedback from mentees and mentors regarding the success of this initiative at the end of 2018
It is expected that both mentors and mentees will:
- Commit to the mentoring process, including agreed meetings and time commitments
- Be accessible and positive
- Give and receive constructive and honest feedback
- Be non-judgemental
- Respect confidences
Individuals applying to participate in this program should be willing to commit to a program duration of approximately six months. There are two formal events, one on the afternoon / evening of 16th April 2018 and the second in late October / early November. One on one meet-ups or phone calls should be arrange at a suitable time for both mentors and mentees.
If you are interested in mentoring an FVAS graduate student, please contact Alana Marriner via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 8344 7337.